Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Who am I? Why am I here?

Welcome to “Where in the World is Mark?,” a blog asking that age-old question: where is Mark doing research now?

Answer: I will be in four countries over the next 12 months. I will post at least once a month as I make my way around the world, trying to avoid Magellan’s fate as I circumnavigate the globe.

The itinerary:
  • January-February: The Philippines
  • March-May: Nigeria
  • June-September: India
  • October-December: France*

*I am actually studying Syria, but for a couple different reasons I won’t be traveling to Syria this year. Since France was the colonial ruler of Syria from 1918 to 1946, I will do my research in France. Stay tuned in the next post for an explanation of the project I will research during this junket.

I will try to add a “relevant” video to these posts for your entertainment, and to let you know what the kids are hip to these days. Today, it’s another question asked throughout the ages: can the frog tap dance?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Excited for the travel updates and to hear more about your work. Are you stateside this holiday season? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete